Clocking in machines are only as good as the time cards they generate. An employee must be able to fully understand it and so trust that they have been treated fairly.
Our clocing in machine software always show the actual times the employee clocked, are simply and logically laid out; with 2 ‘paired’ clockings per line with hours totalled for those ‘pairs’. Each column on the time card breaks down the changes to the calculations so the employee can understand the path taken in calculations and preserve that trust.
Some less honest ‘software’ is no more than ‘Excel’ or ‘Access’ spreadsheets and are not capable of showing proper calculations.
Our custom software shows clarity and simplicity of the time card that are vital to maintain employee trust in payroll accuracy. If you personally don’t readily understand time card results then a poor purchasing decision might raise many questions from employees every pay day.
Our GeoTime 10+ clocking in machine is a best-selling, entry level solution time and attendance system, with limited features but enough to get employees hours recorded securely with the a similar fully featured time card as in the ‘Pro’ and ‘Ultimate’ biometric fingerprint solutions we offer. The terminal will connect direct to your network using the CAT5 patch cable provided. Fitting is achieved with just 3 screws.
GeoTime 10+ just one of our biometric fingerprint clocking in systems available.
For Geotime WIFI click here
To help you, click here to see a comparison chart of the features of all our Biometric Fingerprint clocking in machines.
Example weekly time card
How the terminal works
Each employee presents their finger to the GeoTime clocking in machine and once recognised this creates an in/out transaction. The terminal displays the result of the attempt along with an audible message.
You can then add, modify or delete any transactions in the included time & attendance software at your PC.
What's in the box?
GeoTime 10+ Terminal, Mounting Backplate, Network Cable, 3 Pin Power Adaptor. Software is digital download so the Internet is required.
Working Hours and Pay
Overtime can be applied by time of day, day of week, after x hours per day, after x hours per week. The software calculates hours worked, sorts pay into standard and overtime - even deducts for any breaks so you don't have to!
- Also allows you to add, edit or delete transactions - to restrict too much overtime - easily add transactions for drivers and remote workers.
- Overtime can be accrued by number of hours worked, by time of day (time band), by shift, day of week and pay period. You can name overtime rates to suit you.
||Roll Call Reporting
Get on demand and up-to-date roll call reports in cases of emergency! Our roll call report gives you greater confidence by allowing an instant roll call if required- great for Health and Safety.
||Graphical Shift Rostering Calendar
Not an option in this product etc.
Summary time cards, detailed time cards, roll call reports and more! See the reporting tab for full details.
Live Attendance Dashboard
See in real-time who is on or off the premises - have this utility running on multiple PCs in your company so anyone can see who is 'IN' or 'OUT'.
No matter what your Data Protection needs are, all our Time and Attendance products can help you achieve full compliance with the Data Protection Act 2018/GDPR.
Recognition entries are never stored on our systems, they are simply translated into a unique number which can not be reproduced.
After ongoing client consultations, we have made significant upgrades to our software to ensure we can support your data protection policies - whatever they may be.
We know how important it is that you are able to apply your own retention policies to your data, so with our software, you will have full control over your data.
From 24 January 2019 onwards, our software will support you in managing your legal retention requirements against your deletion policy/requests, allowing you to delete any and all data in line with your own internal policies - ensuring that you remain fully compliant with your own policies and hopefully any new Data Protection laws.
Weekly time card
Weekly time card with location
Bi-weekly time card
Export & Payroll
Exporting data to payroll programs or Excel
|Time card detail reporting
- Time cards available with many pay period options - weekly, bi-weekly, semi-monthly, monthly or last day of month.
- Prints full time card activity report - many different report options - including terminal used, shift applied, and missed clockings.
- Reports highlight lateness in red or bold.
Time card summary
Prints full time card summary report for any selection - for viewing but mainly to create export for payroll programs.
Roll call in case of fire
On demand and up-to-date roll call reports in cases of emergency. Our fire report gives you greater confidence by allowing an instant roll call if required- great for Health and Safety.
- The Roll call report automatically documents every transaction as they happen for an accurate, on the spot roll call.
- Run on multiple PC's each with it own selection of employees.
Who's not 'IN'
Don’t go looking for employees. Get the Live attendance display installed on the PC that requires it or run the ‘who’s not in’ report.
Missed clockings report
Make sure your records are up to date with this report. This way you can be sure your payroll will be right and not have missing data.
GeoTime 10+ exports all data to a file in CSV format for use in Excel and almost all known payroll systems.
- Geotime 10+ Automatically calculates the correct figures for payroll.
- Data can also be exported for use in third party software such as HR and Personnel packages.
- Print or view information on screen and save reports to disk for later review or use elsewhere.
Robust ABS construction.
Large LCD display.
Data Protection: Does not store fingerprints.
Communications all fitted as standard: TCP/IP - LAN/WAN 10/100 Mbit, USB Stick.
Transaction capacity: 50000 transactions (Download transactions to restore transaction capacity).
Dimensions (H x W x D) 145mm x 190mm x 60mm.
Environment: 0° - 40° C / 32° - 113° F, 20% - 80% humidity.
Standards: CE, FCC, UL.
Power supply: 240vac 3 pin adaptor.
PC *minimum* requirements:
* Standard Windows Intel-compatible processor (Intel, AMD etc)
* 1gb RAM or greater as required by Windows specifications.
* 200MB hard disk space free.
* An available and suitable network port (for time clock hardware equipped with a network port) or WIFI
* Windows 7, 8, 10 or 11; desktop versions, 32bit or 64 bit with no sub-systems restrictions.
We do not guarantee the software will work unimpeded on Windows Insider versions.
This product is not sold to work on beta or preview versions of Windows or emulation packages such as the WINE project, thin client or virtual environments.
This product should not be used to run, read or write to/from a WSL partition.
Storing the data on a virtual storage space such as OneDrive, DropBox or similar is not recommended.
March 2021 V1.01
Below is a software comparison for software options that will come with your new time & attendance system.
Fantastic clocking in machine, very easy set up and the support has been great. Has all the features we require and very easy to use.
GeoTime 10 TCP/IP
- Is this version LAN capable?
Yes the Model GeoTime 10 TCP/IP is LAN capable, it has a TCP/IP ethernet port.
- How do I connect the terminal to my PC?
If your terminal has WIFI - WIFI is easiest. In the professional world, if you have WIFI on the terminal and you have a suitable WIFI network on your premises, then program the terminal in the ‘WIFI settings’ to connect the terminal to your network (just like the WIFI on you mobile phone). Then do the same on the PC/server that has your ‘hardware controller’ software installed.
If you only have one PC then connect to the WIFI on that as above, but the software must be installed on same PC.
If your terminal only has TCP/IP (ethernet), then you would normally connect the terminal, using the ethernet cable, to a spare network point or direct to a router, program the terminal, just like above, but in the ‘TCP/IP settings’ of the terminal.
In theory, when you set up the setting on a terminal on a network, you give the terminal an IP address and sometimes a password. This is just like moving into a new home, you tell your friends your new address. At the PC or server, in our ‘Hardware Controller’ software you also enter that same IP address, like someone setting up SAT-NAV in their vehicle to find your home.
The terminal is now sitting in its new ‘virtual’ home waving a virtual flag saying ‘here I am’ and the hardware controller has the terminal address. So they can now talk to each other. (Polling)
- How do I install the software?
The software installs automatically. Just follow the install instructions. When installing, you can abandon the install at any time if you change your mind about any option you have selected. It intelligent so you won’t break it and support can help if you go wrong.
Helpful note: When installing the software you must put the software on a PC that is going to use the software but you can put the database part of the software on a server or the same PC (your choice). You must put the database and ‘polling’ on a server if you intend to run multiple instances of the software. The install program will ask you where you want to put the database and ‘polling’.
- Where should I install the software?
Please see the above answer.
- How do I install the software?
The software installs automatically. Just follow the install instruction. When installing, you can abandon the install at any time if you change your mind about any option you have selected. It intelligent so you won’t break it and support can help if you go wrong.
Helpful note: When installing the software you must put the software on a PC that is going to use the software but you can put the database part of the software on a server or the same PC (your choice).
- If I get the 25 employee version and later will need the 50 employee one, how can I do this?
You can increase employee levels at any time. This is usually done by an email.
- What is a shift?
A shift is a set of working rules for a day.
- What is a shift pattern?
The Model 10 only has one programmable shift so you will have to use that shift every day, except for non-working day shift, a non-programmable shift. For more shifts use the Models 100 or 200.
But to answer your question, a shift pattern is an arrangement of shifts over a pay period. Shift 1 for Monday, shift 2 for Tuesday etc
- What does it mean when it says “max number of time clocks on system”?
What this means is the maximum number of clocking terminals that the software can support at one PC. Please see the product for these limits.
- Can I turn off the auto deductions for not clocking out for lunch?
Yes, you can turn off auto deductions.
When you use this feature, the auto deduct can be configured for to deduct any amount of time in at a fixed time (drink break of 15 mins, at 10.00am no clocking required) or in a window of time (deduct 30 mins between 12.00pm and 2.00pm if employee does not clock for break).
- What grace options are there?
The grace options are 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 10, 12, 15, and 30 minutes.
- Can I turn off grace options.
Yes, you can turn off grace options.
- Can I turn off rounding time?
Yes, you can turn off rounding time.
- What roundings are there?
The roundings available are 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 10, 12, 15, and 30 minutes.
- What pay periods are there?
The pay periods available are - Weekly, bi-weekly, 4 weekly and monthly. You can also compose your own pay period of any length of days. You can have some employees on bi-weekly and others on weekly. Suggestions are welcome
- Employees who work overtime must work a minimum of ½ an hour. Can the system do this?
No. Since this is a daily requirement it needs to be dictated within a shift using an overtime rate. The 10 does not have this, you will need the Model 100 or 200.
- Our lunch break is only ½ an hour. Can the system handle this?
Yes, the system most definitely can handle this.
- We give our employees 3 breaks a day, one for lunch and two for cigarette breaks. I want to be able to deduct the lunch and cigarette breaks from their hours. Can I get the software to do this?
Yes, you can get the software to do this.
- If someone forgets to clock how can I fix that?
At the PC, authorized users can edit transactions.
- Will this device continue to work if I don’t get support?
Yes. The software will carry on working.
- How much is support?
The cost of support depends on the system purchased and number of ‘live’ employees using it.
- What is included in the free support?
Support is to keep the software operating according to it specification. Support is for those who have tried to resolve a problem themselves.
- We have 150 employees and our HR gets inundated with requests for general verification of hours worked. I would like to automate this so the HR can easily send or print something. Do you have a solution?
Yes, we have a solution. Buy the 200 version of this software. It has an automatic email option so you can send an employee time card report regularly, at fixed times, each selected day (usually evenings, or anytime you choose, no limits) to selected employees. It should reduce those requests and free up time for your HR employees.
- Some employee turn up an hour early and clock for work. How can we stop them from being paid for these hours?
You can stop employees being paid for these hours in the shift set up. You can stop time accumulating at start and end of a shift. Please remember you only have one working shift on this product.
- I have quite a few employees and they all work slightly different times and it takes my pay lady a long time to work out the hours. We want something that make this easier. Can you help?
This product will not solve that problem. You will require a 100 or 200 model. Any model from 100 upwards has multiple shift options. You can have every employee on a different shift every day of the year.
- What happens if the power goes off? Do I lose my information?
You should not lose any data. The terminal stores data even during power outages.
FAQ 10 TCP/IP UK Mar21 V1.01